Table of Contents Show
WordPress Events Plugins can be a powerful way to promote an organization. Ads, web content, email outreach, and other tools are useful.
Displaying events on your website so you can sell event tickets is amazing from a promotion point of view. However, managing them by hand can prove to be a boring and time-consuming task.
If you’ve ever tried to install a calendar plugin you know that it’s not exactly the same as a fully functional events plugin or any event management tool.
WordPress event plugins are the tool you need if you’re launching an events business, want to increase the exposure of your events or if you use booking as part of your operation.
The Best WordPress Events Plugin
- Events Manager
- WP Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- All-in-One Event Calendar
- The Events Calendar
- My Calendar
- Modern Events Calendar
- Event Calendar WD
The Events Manager plugin offers an excellent free version, but you have the option to upgrade to Events Manager Pro. The average user won’t need the Pro version, but it does have some great features for the low price of $75.
Events Manager Features
- Easy event registration (single day with start/end times)
- Bookings Management (including approval/rejections, export CVS)
- Multiple Tickets
- Multiple Location TypesPhysical Locations
- Online Events (URLs)
- Guest/Member Event submissions
- Event categories
- Google Maps
- Add to Google Calendar buttons
- Compatible with SEO plugins
- Timezone Support – create events in different timezones
As with many event plugins on this list, WP Event Manager offers a basic plugin for free, along with the option to purchase add-ons to augment operations. Although the interface is simple, the feature list of the free plugin is quite impressive.
WP Event Features
- The WP Event Manager plugin features a lightweight interface and a beautiful user experience
- SEO Friendly & Compatible with SEO plugins.
- Multilingual Translation
- Add, manage, and categorise event listings using the familiar WordPress UI
- Event categories
- Widgets for Recents, Upcomming, Featured Events
- Multilingual & RTL Supported
- Google Maps
- WooCommerce Sell Tickets
- Event Tags
Event Organizer offers an event management solution suitable for the WordPress environment thanks to its combination with predefined custom post types.
You’ll also see some other add-ons that expand the functionality of your free or premium Event Organizer plugin. Some of them include:
- Frontend submissions
- Discount codes
- Stripe Gateway
- iCal Sync
- Free add-ons: Posterboard and CSV export
Event Organiser Features
- Allows complex recurring patterns for events
- Create one-time events or recurring events
- Ability to add or remove specific dates to an event
- Create and maintain venues for your events, with Google maps support and a fully-featured content editor
- The widgets and shortcodes are quite versatile
4. All-in-One Event Calendar
The All-in-one event schedule is a free event calendar plugin, allows you to easily create and share your events with the rest of the world, whether they are in person, virtual or hybrid.
All-in-One Event Calendar Features
- Available in several languages
- Customized themes
- Easy event creation and publishing
- Create in-person, virtual and hybrid events
- Single day, multiple days, all day, and recurring events
- Duplicate events
- Upcoming Events widget
- Filtering events by categories, tags, organizers and venues
- Easy importing and sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds
- Social share buttons
Easily create and manage a calendar of events on your WordPress site with the free plugin of event calendars. Whether your events are in-person or virtual events
The Events Calendar is ready to go out of the box. It’s also extensible, easy to use, and completely customizable.
The Events Calendar Features
- The main event management plugin is free
- You can connect the calendar to Eventbrite
- Google maps
- Event search
- Calendar month view with tooltips
It provides enormous flexibility for designers and developers needing a custom calendar. it is built with accessibility in mind, so all your users can get equal access and experience in your calendar.
My Calendar Features
- The plugin gives you more of a simple calendar experience, cutting out many of the unnecessary features you might find in the competition’s plugins
- You can import events from places like Google Calendar and iCal
- This plugin provides rich permissions, which are great for organizations that want to share some parts of the calendar with certain people and other parts to other users
- WordPress multisite compatibility
WordPress event calendar plugin is the best tool used for managing events websites. Modern Events Calendar is a comprehensive events management plugin. It is a FREE events management plugin which is extremely user-friendly and well-designed for displaying the events calendar on the websites.
Modern Events Calendar Features
- There are some solid free integrations, like for PayPal and Google Calendar
- The plugin has a booking system where you can build your forms however you want
- Event creation is flexible, with event countdown modules
- The Modern Events Calander is compatible with WooCommerce and Visual Composer
Event Calendar WD has a solid choice for those interested in sharing information about events and collecting RSVPs through a WordPress site. The plugin allows you to create a calendar that you manage through WordPress, with options for selling tickets and sending invitations.
Event Calendar WD Features
- It is flexible with publishing and sharing calendars, with support for one-time events and recurring events, along with support for events on posts and pages
- The calendar has many sections for adding additionalinfo to events. For instance, you’ll be able to incorporate parts like images, hosts, videos, and links to different pages
- The plugin integrates with Google Maps
The purpose of Tickera is to sell tickets and distribute them amongst the buyers. You can use the plugin as a regular event calendar, but the majority of features revolve around selling.
The plugin provides support for barcode readers and QR codes that you can bring up on mobile phones.
The Ticket builder is a powerful tool, with templates that you can customize to suit your brand. Everything about the plugin is white-label, and you’ll even take a proportion of a ticket sale if you’re running a lot of a happening marketplace. Besides multiple ticket types, discount codes, and ticket-selling addons, the Tickera plugin sounds like a winner for online sales.
- Building your calendars, including options for tickets sold, order history, and add to cart buttons
- You can add extra ticket fees
- One feature lets you collect taxes for all sales
- Use the ticket builder by dragging and dropping design elements
- Gateways are supported, like PayPal, Stripe, and PayGate
Amelia features a minimalistic and easy-to-use user interface. It allows you to provide an enterprise-level smooth booking experience for your customers, without investing in branding or making deep changes to your work process.
- Easy event management with shortcodes to place the event calendar on your website available in both the free and paid version
- Email and SMS notifications available in the free version. More notification options and formats available in the full version, such as reminders, follow-ups, birthday greetings and more
- Tags for events are available in the paid version.
Is It Worth Paying for a WordPress Event Plugin?
Some of the WordPress events plugins in this list have wonderful free options. a couple includes payment gateways and different useful options among the free version.
One advance of premium WordPress plugins is supported. Most developers offer limited support for the free version.
WordPress events plugins are one of the best parts of the content management system. They offer almost limitless opportunities to extend your reach and add new features.
If you want to include events in your organization, one of these WordPress event plugins will deliver. The list includes some of the most popular plugins around with the features.