Table of Contents Show
Moosend vs GetResponse – The Ultimate Comparison Guide
Email Marketing Platforms
No matter what online business you own, whether it’s an eCommerce store, review blog, or even a YouTube channel, you can acquire, maintain, and build a mailing list. Of subscribers is the key to building a brand. A mailing list also provides a secondary source of traffic, reminding potential customers or subscribers of new products, articles, or videos that have been posted.
What Is Moosend?
Moosend is best described as an email marketing and automation platform. It can be used for multiple purposes such as marketing campaigns, newsletters, automation tools, different templates, real–time analytics, landing page builder, and much more.
In simple terms, Moosend is like the all-in-one type of email marketing and automation software. The company was founded in 2011.
Who Can Use Moosend?
All freelancers, small, medium, and large businesses can use Moosend for email marketing and automation service.
What Is GetResponse?
The company was founded in 1998. It helps to grow the leads and sales of a company.
Who Can Use GetResponse?
In a simple explanation, whoever is running a company, and knows the benefits of email marketing and automation, will use Moosend or GetResponse. Let us dive deeper to see the differences and similarities between Moosend and Getresponse.
Meet Moosend – The cheaper GetResponse alternative. Find out why thousands of companies switch
over to Moosend from GetResponse. Pricing and performance are not the only reasons!
GetResponse pricing is one of the key reasons our clients have moved to us. Moosend is a great
GetResponse alternative, as, on average, our pricing plans are over 20% cheaper!
There are three types of pricing plans in Moosend.
- The Free Plan
- The Pro Plan
- The Enterprise or Custom Plan
Moosend’s free plan is spectacular, as it provides users with all the basic features and allows them to send 1000 unlimited emails to subscribers. For businesses with 1000 subscribers or just starting for them, beginning with the free plan is the best option.
The Pro plan is the lowest paid plan of Moosend. It starts at 8 USD a month. Moosend’s Pro plan offers all the important features as well as services such as landing pages, subscription modules, reports and analytics, and phone support, and these features are not available in the free plan.
Then there is the Enterprise plan or what is also called the Custom Plan. In this Enterprise plan, prices are not mentioned here; businesses can customize the services and all the details and get a custom price.
There are four types of pricing plans in Getresponse.
- Free Plan
- Basic Plan
- Plus Plan
- Professional Plan
- Max Plan
Before diving deep into the pricing explanation, there is one thing about GetResponse. Getresponse calculates the price for every 1000 subscribers in every plan.
The Free plan
This plan is a cut-down version of GetResponse that lets you use the product with a list of up to 500 subscribers
The Basic plan
This plan of GetResponse is available at $15 per month ($12.30 per month paid in 12 months and $10.50/per month paid in 18 months). Below is the list of features included:
- Everything is under email marketing, landing pages, forms/surveys, e-commerce tools, templates, website builder, and tracking/reporting.
- Limited automation features (drip campaigns, click and open follow-ups, and contact tagging only).
- Create unlimited lead funnels and just one (1) sales funnel.
- Over 150 integrations with third-party platforms.
The Plus plan
This plan of GetResponse is best for generating leads, selling products, and growing profits for the company.
Perfect email marketing solution for affiliate marketers looking to scale up their businesses. Available starting at $49 per month ($40.18 per month paid in 12 months and $34.30/month paid in 18 months).
Aside from what’s included under the Basic plan, below is a list of other things available in this plan:
- Everything under the automation feature and the ability to create five (5) custom workflows.
- Host up to 100 webinar attendees, unlimited registrants, unlimited live webinars, and three (3) hours of recording storage.
- Create unlimited lead funnels plus five (5) sales funnels and webinar funnels.
- Include up to three (3) users (including yourself) in a single account.
The Professional plan
This plan is the best for optimizing results with pro automation and integrations.
Established businesses looking to leverage GetResponse’s email marketing and webinar capabilities should take this plan. Available starting at $99 per month ($81.18 per month paid in 12 months and $69.30/month paid in 18 months).
- Everything under the automation feature and the ability to create unlimited custom workflows.
- Host up to 300 webinar attendees, unlimited registrants, unlimited live webinars, and six (6) hours of recording storage.
- Create unlimited lead funnels, sales funnels, and webinar funnels.
- Include up to five (5) users (including yourself) in a single account.
- Access to web push notifications and on-demand webinars.
The Max plan
This plan helps to evolve the marketing with an advanced platform.
This plan is for enterprises that want to run their operations using the premium features of GetResponse. To get your price, you must sign up for a custom quote.
Below are what’s included in this plan aside from the features of the Professional plan:
- Host up to 300 webinar attendees, unlimited registrants, unlimited live webinars, and six (6) hours of recording storage.
- Include up to ten (10) users (including yourself) in a single account.
- Receive campaign and deliverability consulting for maximum results.
- Access to transactional emails (paid add-ons)
There is no fixed price for this Max plan of GetResponse, as it is customizable.
A feature that not all email platforms have, or utilize. Automation can be a brilliant way to send out complicated email sequences, send out different types of emails or even funnel leads into customers or slowly remove them from your account.
Both of these platforms offer automation, though GetResponse does lock their full automation behind a higher tier plan, that requires you to pay more per month.
There is no grid system or snap, and each action or decision simply sites below the other that kicked it off.
The page is clear, with a fair number of actions/decisions being shown on the page at a time, though the ’27 actions pending’ that constantly shows at the top of the page, and the other banner makes the page quite crowded.
To add a new action or conditional step is quick enough, with a huge number to choose from, including sending email alerts to slack, adding tags, subscribing to lists or filtering your contacts by their current weather conditions, waiting certain periods of time, or deciding to split the flow to run A/B testing.
With a “standard” designer for drag-and-snap templates, you actually drag the elements you want into the Automation creator and link them on the go.
Any split action or option is available, again you can simply connect the dots by dragging to one side.
If you are a ‘basic’ user, then you can only edit the pre-built templates that they offer.
The layout is better than Moosend, at least when it comes to how much you can see on a page, or how crowded the whole area is. With no banners or huge sections telling you to complete certain actions getting in the way.
Though I find the design itself feels crowded and slow.
Designer & Email Templates
Certain industries require fancy-looking emails, with images, rows, tables, and graphics to help stand out.
For example, an eCommerce shop wants to hold a sale on July 4th or send out a Christmas–themed newsletter. Your creation will likely require a designer or hire someone to help you with this.
Having ready-made templates remove that need and of course extra cost.
Looking through the template offering from Moosend, you will find around 60 different templates, covering a wide range of industries and template styles.
Their templates cover areas such as Black Friday, Sales, Articles, Food, Halloween, Promotional, Property, and a ton more.
Each template is fun and interesting, with images and icons designed to enhance the viewer’s experience and to increase the number of clicks or reads on your emails.
Editing the emails and templates is easy, with Moosends designer being intuitive to use, much like the automation creator.
The whole design is drag and drop, with a number of elements to choose from. You can spend a fair amount of time playing around with this.
The left-hand menu stays, changing which area you see, either element or settings depending on the part you are trying to play around with.
Of course, you can just create a bog-standard email, if you don’t want fancy images or icons included.
Much like its counterpart, GetResponse also includes a large number of templates to pick from, with over 100 on offer.
They again range from largely graphical, image-focused templates, to more product and action-focused emails designs to use.
As with Moosend, the designer is drag and drop, though each element you click on replaces what you see on the right-hand side.
Meaning if you want to add new elements (an image, or text), you actually have to click to get back to the original screen (which slows everything down quite a lot).
The actual designer itself is clunky, and it can feel like you are clicking on random areas to make some simple changes. It can feel like there is a lot of wasted space, and they could have used both the left and right menus (as with Moosend to be fair).
Landing Pages & Subscription Forms
A lot of email platforms now provide access to landing page designers and subscription or signup form widgets/plugins. The reason for this is that if you can do everything at once, you are more likely to use the platform.
Both platforms give you the ability to import, use, and edit landing pages so you can capture emails and leads without the need for an additional tool like ClickFunnels.
Much like their email templates, Moosend offers a variety of landing pages and subscription forms for you to import and get started with.
Covering a number of different ideas, niches, and capture styles. Each of these can be edited and updated to fit within needs. The editor you use to change or update these landing pages is the same as the email designer that you saw earlier.
Once again, a drag-and-drop creator, with different elements that can be added or removed from the page. I have noticed on some templates stop you from adding these, but it’s mainly around the subscription form templates.
The landing page builder is quite similar to their email designer, offering a drag-and-drop style builder.
As with their email templates, there are a large number to choose from, including quick and easy lead capture pages, launch offers, or product giveaways. They are well built, and really capture the eye.
I find their designer fairly easy to use, though I do find it odd that they don’t snap elements into place. Which means you can add images, countdown timers, and more on top of each other, resulting in an ugly mess.
Integrations & APIs
Even though email platforms do try and have everything, sometimes other platforms do it better, for example, I would rather use ClickFunnels to build a landing page than use GetResponse landing page designer.
As such, they need to create API’s and Integrations with a variety of tools to expand out their usability.
If you have read out my Moosend Review, you will probably know that this area is one of my biggest issues with Moosend, they really do lack integration or API access.
The majority of what they offer is through Zapier, which in my eyes is just a cop-out and actually ends up causing more issues than it solves. For example, you have to set up Moosend to Zapier and then Zapier to say ClickFunnels.
If something goes wrong you have 3 platforms to check to ensure you haven’t broken something. From their API section, they have zero decent integrations with any of the leading platforms such as Shopify or ClickFunnels, though they do have a simple one for WordPress.
Having been around for around 300 years, GetResponse has a large number of API and platform integrations available. Though, as with a lot of GetResponse features, you are going to need to pay more to unlock a large variety of these.
With connections to Salesforce, ClickBank, ClickFunnels, Paypal, Shopify, and many more, you can usually find a direct connection for your business.
Of course, if you can’t find something, then they do have access to Zapier, to further increase the number of integrations.
Every email marketing platform is unique, each offering their own features that others don’t. While writing this Moosend vs GetResponse article, it was obvious I couldn’t group all of their offerings into easy-to-cluster headers.
As such, here are a few unique offerings from these two platforms.
The areas that make Moosend unique are actually found within other features. Moosends, for example, increases the number of actions found in automation flow builders with access to Slack, alerts, and even splitting their flows based on weather conditions, which in my opinion no other mail platform offers.
The “like” orientation within automation processes is also a brilliant advantage, as you can offer products or services to customers who have viewed or bought similar products.
If someone has seen or bought product X and then also liked product Y, they can recommend product X to those who bought product Y.
The biggest unique feature of GetResponse is their webinar tools, allowing you to create and run your own webinars (evergreen if you so wish) via their platform.
The other feature that GetResponse has is their ‘funnels’, in which you can bolt on different actions, recommend products, or funnel leads towards purchases. A bit like the ‘similar purchases’ that Moosend offers.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Moosend vs GetResponse:
- Moosend is the best application to follow the business improvement and to make thoughts through email marketing.
- Impressive real-time analytics.
- The interface of Moosend is very much easy to use. The navigation gives clear instructions on what to do next.
- Moosend offers very low costs compared to all the other email marketing platforms.
- The list management feature is outstanding, as it offers many options for uploading lists.
- The tool allows for keeping personalized lists based on customers’ interests, location, and more, as it helps to target customers with specific products.
- And one of the superb features is the real-time tracker.
- The customer service is very helpful.
- The free plan makes it very popular among new people.
- Moosend is incredibly versatile.
- Moosend does not have its mobile app yet.
- Almost all the core features are available in the free plan except the landing page building services.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult for new users to understand Moosend because of its versatility.
- Customer support hours are available according to UK time.
- The designs of templates are not so modern.
- Getresponse gives an accurate statistical report ts.
- Elegant interface and easy-to-use navigation system.
- The funnel and lead magnet building tools are excellent.
- Campaigns created in Getresponse are the easiest.
- The templates are unique and original and can be used with any campaign.
- Getresponse offers 30 days of free trial for every pricing plan.
- Getresponse is known to be of great value for money.
- The list management option is a lifesaver; moreover, it is very well organized.
- The free training that Getresponse provides is very cooperative.
- Getresponse has an amazing mobile app, which makes it popular among people, as they easily get access to it and work from their mobile.
- The price of Getresponse is comparatively higher than the other competitors’ email marketing software in the market.
- Video cannot be embedded in an email, which is a disadvantage in today’s, as video content creators are increasing day by day.
- The customer service is very hard to access. Not helping customers with their problems can truly negatively affect Getresponse.
- The ability to analyze data is comparatively lower in Getresponse than in the rest of the email marketing software.
- Integrations with other platforms are unlimited to somewhat level.
Important Differences To Know For Deciding Which One To Choose:
After having a deep evaluation of both email marketing tools, we are in a situation to close which one is better for whom.
Moosend is a great alternative for individuals who need to use email automation abilities without limit yet at a moderate rate.
It offers quite pleasant advantages like making land pages, email campaigns, accommodating client care, and eCommerce stores.
People who can bear the cost of GetResponse expensive plans can approach every one of the points-by-point bundles that it offers to automate their advertising campaigns completely.
And if someone needs an all-inclusive resource for all your eCommerce needs, GetResponse has you covered. Additionally, if someone needs email marketing software with webinar functionalities, it’s the ideal decision.
After our thorough research and analysis of both Moosend and Getresponse, we suggest you choose the one that fits your budget and business. Both the tools have differences and similarities; that is why to decide carefully which one to use for email marketing and automation. But Moosend has a free version. So, why late? Try it for free.